What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Requirement for micro testing of chocolate under FDA or GMP status?

Started by , Jun 16 2017 07:17 PM
1 Reply

I am the QC Manager at a chocolate facility that had just started production recently. Now my question is are the standard microbiological testing that needs to be done for the FDA or to be GMP status? I know environmental testing is a requirement but I'm not finding anything for microbiological. 

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Toilet Requirement per number of employees
[Ad]

Hi Cwanger,

We receive a of variety of chocolates for making cakes and on all the Certificate of Analysis from different companies,  I see the  below microorganisms are always tested on the chocolates:

E.Coli

Salmonella

Coliforms

Aerobic Plate Count

Yeast & Mold

Hope this leads you closer to your answer.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Toilet Requirement per number of employees Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Do we need to have a sink in the lunch trailer or is the re-entry handwashing requirement sufficient? BRCGS Issue 9 Requirement: 4.9.6.3 - Other Foreign-Body Contaminants Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6 Costco new requirement on Xray