Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 July 2023 - 07:46 PM

Hello! I am trying to better understand what "other" foreign-body contaminants would be included under 4.9.6.3. It states "contamination that is not specifically covered in section 4.9." Since 4.9 does include staples, clips, pens, mobile devices, wood, glass containers, etc., I'm not sure what to include in my risk assessment for the "other" category. Any thoughts?

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 July 2023 - 02:24 AM

it could be other FM that is determined from a hazard analysis.   Rocks.    Hard plastic.  bones.

it may be a clause that does not apply to you.  

what risk assessment are you doing?   

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

audrey margaret

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 July 2023 - 01:01 PM

I already have risk assessments done for BRCGS clauses 4.9.2.2 (Staples and paperclips), 4.9.3.3 Glass Breakage, 4.9.5.1 Wood in the Plant, and 4.9.6.2 Control of Pens, and Glass and Brittle Plastics. Would it be acceptable to say that all major foreign-body contaminants are covered under these other clauses, and there are no other major foreign-body contaminant risks? 

But then I would be confused as to why BRC felt the need to include this new clause 4.9.6.3?

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 13 July 2023 - 02:01 PM

To cover anything not listed in previous sections...?

-Setanta         

audrey margaret

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 July 2023 - 03:13 PM

Correct! I do not believe that we have any other potential foreign-body contaminants beyond the ones listed in other risk assessments. I should be covered if I just state this within the risk-assessment, right?

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 July 2023 - 07:01 AM

Correct! I do not believe that we have any other potential foreign-body contaminants beyond the ones listed in other risk assessments. I should be covered if I just state this within the risk-assessment, right?

yes

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

marco8963

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 24 July 2023 - 03:48 PM

Hello,

clause 4.9.6.3 of the BRC may have been included to ensure that companies consider all risks of contamination from foreign bodies, even those not specifically addressed in other clauses. This was done to address specific situations or categories of foreign body contaminants that are less common or "unexpected," but could potentially end up accidentally in the product.

Furthermore, this clause could provide auditors with a more comprehensive and detailed view of how companies manage risks related to contamination from foreign bodies, allowing them to assess more accurately how companies address and mitigate such risks throughout the entire production and packaging process.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users