• IFSQN Associate
  • 46 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 November 2023 - 05:36 PM

Hi all,

We do relabel some of our "traded goods" but by reading the meaning of traded goods as per BRCGS issue 9 (below) it seems like our traded products do not fall in to the category of traded goods. I am wondering if my understanding of traded goods is correct.

If the label from the supplier is removed and my label is placed on the product, can I say it is a traded good? Or if the box from the supplier is changed to my own box, can I say it is a traded good?

"Traded goods/products Traded products are defined as food products that would normally fall within the
scope of the Standard and are stored at the site’s facilities, but are not manufactured,
processed, reworked, packed or labelled at the site being audited"

Thanks!

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 November 2023 - 04:08 AM

Hi Omoware,

You are correct in that according to the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9 traded products do not include any material that is manufactured, processed, reworked, packed or labelled on site. Therefore by definition these products are not strictly speaking traded products. I do however, find it somewhat strange that that you are removing labels and putting new ones on, is this all legit?

Kind regards,

Tony

Omoware

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 46 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 November 2023 - 02:57 PM

Hi Omoware,

You are correct in that according to the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9 traded products do not include any material that is manufactured, processed, reworked, packed or labelled on site. Therefore by definition these products are not strictly speaking traded products. I do however, find it somewhat strange that that you are removing labels and putting new ones on, is this all legit?

Kind regards,

Tony

Yes, it is legit.

Ishau

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 3 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:28 AM

Your understanding of traded goods is correct in that this is not traded goods.

It is a fairly common practice and can still be covered within the scope of your audit, the scope would just include something like "the relabelling of X, Y, Z" rather than "the trading of X, Y, Z".

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users