What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Review of Food Defence Program

Started by , Jul 18 2017 08:48 AM
4 Replies

Hi everyone, 

In our food defence program stated the program need to be review annually, i was wondering where should we show that program had been reviewed?  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Management Review using Pyramid for KPI BRC annual management review and internal audit running less than a year? Scheduling of Management Review in relation to Unannounced audit Pre-shipment Review 9 CFR 417.5 Procedure for approving suppliers of services and annual review for their performance
[Ad]

Dear Carine,

Maybe it's an idea to put it on your internal audit planning. You will do a verification, look to eventual weak point and it generates a report with CAPAs.

Hopefully this is useful for you.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

1 Thank

hi Carine ,

I prefer to mention according to which FS standard you are referring , I appreciate to update us , since may be the FS standard ask for more evidences ,any way till that I'll give you a generic answer 

you can show that revision had been done by one of the following ways :  -

official minutes of the meeting for review the plan showing the activities done ,the Gaps if there is and the future action plan to improve the system ,

also if your system contains a validation checklist you can use it as an evidence and the date of completing the checklist is your updating date ,

or you can update the issue of your defense plan e.g. DEF-PL-V 0.1- last update dd.mm.yyyy.

all of this could be used as a good evidence for your auditor generally. 

BR,

Ehab

1 Thank

If you are using the FDA Food Defense Plan Builder, it will give you a updated plan that you can print out and show that you reviewed it that year. It also can be a part of your annual HACCP Plan review, and be documented in the same way you document your HACCP Plan. If you review it in a meeting, then the minutes of the meeting could be used to document the review.

The FDA Builder is actually a very good tool, and it is organized in a question and answer format. It produces about 15 pages of a plan, so it is thorough, and can be set up to generate some action items for you. And.....IT'S FREE!!!

https://www.accessda.../fdplanbuilder/

Martha

Hello Carine,

I suggest a Revision History for the Food Defense Plan.  The Revision History could have column headings such as:  date, name of person making the change and change was.  If no changes are made, you just put annual review, no changes. 

For example:

July 18, 2017      Carine XXX   Annual review, no changes made.

I hope this helps.

Similar Discussion Topics
Management Review using Pyramid for KPI BRC annual management review and internal audit running less than a year? Scheduling of Management Review in relation to Unannounced audit Pre-shipment Review 9 CFR 417.5 Procedure for approving suppliers of services and annual review for their performance SQF - Frequency of specification review BRCGS 3.5.3.3 - Supplier of Services Review Review of preventive controls records SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management? Review of product safety after fridge froze over?