MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 27 July 2023 - 07:45 AM

Hi 
We have an unannounced audit during the August-November period and our management review is planned annually in December.
My question is: should we change the planning of our management review and prepare it to be ready during the unannounced audit or keep the same planning of the management review and therefore it will be after the unannounced audit
THANKS

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 July 2023 - 11:45 AM

is that the only time of the year management is involved?  Do you have monthly meetings as well?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Marloes

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 288 posts
  • 76 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 July 2023 - 12:37 PM

I am a big fan of keeping your own schedule regardless of certifications (you are performing a management review for your own benefit, not to please a auditor). I had a audit come a bit early where the ''new'' management review hadn't taken place yet, while the last one was already reviewed by last years audit. It was fine, no NC. Be able to show that you keep your frequency, that you have your monitoring data and show that you have planned the review. Make sure your report on your last management review is complete. If there were any changes to your certification standard which included any changes regarding Management Review, make sure your new SOP shows that as well.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 27 July 2023 - 01:27 PM

I would change the timing of your management review to before the audit window. It makes for less debate at audit time. YMMV

-Setanta         

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 528 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 July 2023 - 03:09 PM

I do two a year, so never have to worry about it.   But we're a small place and we can whip thru our review really quickly.

MlissaB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 20 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 July 2023 - 06:08 PM

We have a couple of sites that have had their unannounced audits and haven't moved their review and it wasn't an issue. As someone else said, there are other meetings throughout the year they can speak to, just not the formal Management Review.

One thing to keep in mind is depending on your policy/process if you move it up you need to keep in mind the timing of it for next year again. If you say you have it annually you need to be sensitive as to not having it "late" next year in order to keep it closer to your normal audit date. 

MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 28 July 2023 - 02:50 PM

Thank you  so much  for  you so  useful input.

During the  year  period  of  course  we  have  other  meetings  that  management attend so I  think  it doesn't matter if  we  keep the same schedule.

Norbert007

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2023 - 08:01 AM

Some sites are subject to multiple unannounced audits.  The system you have is yours not the certification body's nor the standard owners.   Unless the requirements change, and your system has passed muster before, keep doing what you do

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 August 2023 - 06:58 AM

SQF requires it to be reviewed annually.  So long as you've got one in the past year, it's fine to show that you've got another one scheduled after your audit window.

That said, I'd make sure that your PRP programs have been put through trend analysis and shown to/reviewed by relevant management prior to the audit window.  This also gives you opportunity to catch any negative trends you need to issue CAPAs for.  I would include the company's FSO's in on this type of review (even if they're measured on the calendar year so at least you can show the auditor whether you're on track to meet them or not).

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users