What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Boot Washers when leaving production areas

Started by , Aug 24 2017 10:09 AM
1 Reply

Hi All,

I'm working for a company who supply equipment in to the food manufacturing sector. We have recently set up a new division which includes Boot washing systems. I just thought I would ask the question on here to see whether the trend was leaning towards or away from these?
Obviously the systems have improved from the early models with automatic chemical dosing (sanitiser) and chemical depletion alarms. Has this improved perception?

I look forward to hearing thought/opinions.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to confirm the effectiveness of the boot washer? Do doorway boot foamers need to be added to HACCP plan? BRC 8.4.1 - Environmental Boot Swabbing Automatic hand and boot cleaners Walking Boot in Food Processing
[Ad]

Hi Markk

My last company I worked for installed a brand new line and one of these boot scrubbers at the entrance.  It became more of a micro and debris catching nightmare than a help in our operation.  

What we ended up doing was using a foot foamer at the entrance and moving the boot scrubbers to the exit so employees could 'clean' off their dedicated footwear before placing in their lockers or going on breaks.  So we used it, just not necessarily in the way it was originally intended!

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
How to confirm the effectiveness of the boot washer? Do doorway boot foamers need to be added to HACCP plan? BRC 8.4.1 - Environmental Boot Swabbing Automatic hand and boot cleaners Walking Boot in Food Processing Boot and/or shoe washers for production room entrances Boot Dip or Sprayer Boot Wash Machine for High-Risk Areas? Any DRY boot/shoe sanitizers?