• IFSQN Associate
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:02 PM

Hello,

Has anyone had experience or is familiar with the automatic hand and boot cleaners / disinfection equipment?  Mettler Toledo sells some I am looking into the Compact Hygiene Station DLSO-SL + EK 400 WRT

csm_DLSO-SL_EK400WRT_634db00732.png

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

I have two Mettler Toledo boot washers for factory entrances, they do the job and I've had no issues with them. Can't comment on the automatic hand cleaner, looks like it uses an air hand dryer though? I'm sure there's probably conversation elsewhere in the forum as to towel v disposable v air etc so won't go into that.

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:24 PM

We have two clients that have similar set-ups, the hand washing system was three stage - wash/dry/sanitize - and then you pull your hands out.  Since it uses a "compressed" air system to dry the hands both also have air samples taken every 6 months and had the manufacturer do a risk analysis to qualify the system as not being a risk - this has satisfied the SQF Auditors.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:22 PM

Just keep in mind that cleaning is not necessarily disinfecting and vica versa (spelling?).

Removing dirt and mud from shoes is cleaning but not disinfecting.  Bacteria may still be present.

Putting items under UV light is disinfecting but not cleaning.  Dirt may still be present.

Fishlady

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

We have automated hand washers in our factory, but our VP of Technical Services is somewhat skeptical about their ability to remove soil. We do validate them quarterly, but consider the sanitizing step after hand washing to be part of the whole process and thus swab hands before washing and after washing and sanitizing.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

We have automated hand washers in our factory, but our VP of Technical Services is somewhat skeptical about their ability to remove soil. We do validate them quarterly, but consider the sanitizing step after hand washing to be part of the whole process and thus swab hands before washing and after washing and sanitizing.

Hi fishlady,

I interpret the above as meaning you check after washing and again, after sanitising ?

Sanitize how ? Is there much micro. difference in result ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Fishlady

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:18 PM

Hi fishlady,

I interpret the above as meaning you check after washing and again, after sanitising ?

Sanitize how ? Is there much micro. difference in result ?

Fishlady

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:28 PM

Employees use alcohol spray before entering production area, then walk through boot washer, then use hand washers and immediately use alcohol spray again after drying washed hands with paper towels.. We tested hands just before placing into the washer and after using the alcohol spray. APC was as high as 76 cfu/swan before and 0-5 cfu/swab after. Not enough difference probably to give a good idea of the true effectiveness. But the doubt comes from the fact that the employees are not scrubbing their hands ( although they should be doing this in the break room or restroom before they enter the plant).

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users