What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Controlling GMO Hazards under FDA Regulations

Started by , Aug 28 2017 04:47 AM
4 Replies

Dear all

Have anyone knowledge about GMO is a Hazard food safety need to be control follow FDA reg.

Thank for your advice.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Controlling check in and out of blades Procedure for controlling the disposal of printed retailer packaging waste? Controlling Process Risk Controlling raw, cooked and cooking in a Donner Kebab factory Documentation In Relation To Listeria Controlling Factors-EHO Hastles
[Ad]

Dear Cuong,

There are some aspects you need to take into consideration concerning GMO's:

• What is your company policy about GMO's? Are you willing or not to use such materials in your product?
  • Is the GMO, that you use, allowed in your country and in the export country?
  • The use of GMO's is often subject to declaration legislation. You need to check the laws which are applicable for the export country. The next step is to adapt your product documentation and labelling accordingly.

I hope that the above gives some clarification for this topic.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

1 Thank

Dear Cuong,

There are some aspects you need to take into consideration concerning GMO's:

• What is your company policy about GMO's? Are you willing or not to use such materials in your product?
  • Is the GMO, that you use, allowed in your country and in the export country?
  • The use of GMO's is often subject to declaration legislation. You need to check the laws which are applicable for the export country. The next step is to adapt your product documentation and labelling accordingly.

I hope that the above gives some clarification for this topic.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Dear Gerard.

Thank for your feedback about my object, 

Our company produce nut  with policy GMO : not allow GMO material

Our main customer are European market and they  not allow GMO material. but I want to understand more about the FDA's Reg. about the GMO for mention it in my HARPC when export to USA market. Do you have any Reg. from FDA for GMO ? Can you help advice . Thank you so much.

Dear Cuong,

You're welcome.

For the HARPC question, I hope that another forum member can be helpful to give an answer to your question.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

FDA has no stance or policy or regulation on GMO's at this time.  They really don't even want to touch it with a ten foot pole, but at some point will be driven into it.

The USDA has a policy with growers and non-GMO verification.  Also, along the same lines the USDA has the National Organic Program (NOP).

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Controlling check in and out of blades Procedure for controlling the disposal of printed retailer packaging waste? Controlling Process Risk Controlling raw, cooked and cooking in a Donner Kebab factory Documentation In Relation To Listeria Controlling Factors-EHO Hastles Ideas for controlling Allergen Dust UV light in Spices Manufacturing for controlling Yeasts and Moulds Controlling fragments of ingredients bags and other packaging material Controlling cross contamination risks of people and equipment Problems controlling employee gloves