What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SSOP - Food Contact table cleaner

Started by , Nov 09 2017 10:09 PM
4 Replies

Hello,

I am new to Sanitation and needed some guidance.  I notice they have used Clorox Cleaner and Bleach to clean a table that is used to hold jars of product.  My gut tells me only a Sanitizer should be used on the line but can someone help me understand how we know we can use a cleaner for food contact surfaces?

Please see picture attached of cleaner.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Organic Cleaning SSOP Help with understanding SSOP form 9CFR416.12(a) SSOP for Reconditioning Packages or WIP Please help my understanding of PRP's, CCP's. SSOP, GMP's etc.? Feedback on a Drain Cleaning SSOP
[Ad]

Hello,

I am new to Sanitation and needed some guidance.  I notice they have used Clorox Cleaner and Bleach to clean a table that is used to hold jars of product.  My gut tells me only a Sanitizer should be used on the line but can someone help me understand how we know we can use a cleaner for food contact surfaces?

Please see picture attached of cleaner.

Hi elvap,

Afraid there is no picture.

What kind of Product / Process / Table ?

Hi Charles,

We pack spice seasonings into jars.  The spices are emptied from a machine into the jar and placed on a round stainless steel table.

Thanks in advance.

Hi elvap,

Thks for info,

IMEX "cleaning" is not the same as "sanitizing" although in US the latter term sometimes seems to include both.

Clorox seem to make all sorts of chemical mixes for various purposes, not sure which one(s) you may have.

Regardless here is an answer/link regarding appropriate approved Clorox products / Procedures for "Sanitizing" (not, I think, "Cleaning") -

https://www.clorox.c...-and-equipment/

Not sure if that answers yr query or not ?

We use SaniWipes for food contact surfaces. It is food contact approved, and it sanitizes like those that need to be rinsed afterwards.

Martha

Similar Discussion Topics
Organic Cleaning SSOP Help with understanding SSOP form 9CFR416.12(a) SSOP for Reconditioning Packages or WIP Please help my understanding of PRP's, CCP's. SSOP, GMP's etc.? Feedback on a Drain Cleaning SSOP Dry cleaning SSOP for spice filling equipment Packaging Manufacturer SSOP requirements SSOP's and Cleaning Checklists Food Packaging - Cleaning Checklists / SSOP GMP's and SSOP's -- need help