• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 February 2022 - 09:51 PM

Hello everyone:

I'm looking for some help in order to put together a SSOP for reconditioning sealed packages or cartons that fell on the floor and a proper way to handle this and rework them.  I really appreciate your help if you can share your SSOP for Reconditioning/WIP so I can have an idea how to proceed.

Thank you,

Alfredo

nicfarmer12

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 February 2022 - 08:16 PM

Hi Alfredo,

I will need you to explain a little more about what these sealed packages are and what they are used for. I am thinking that they contain finished goods or they are going to contain finished goods. For us, if a finished good falls onto the floor, we can simply pick it up and keep going. It's packaged and sealed up-meaning no contamination to the actual product. For those that are not yet labeled and ready to ship, these are put back through our washer/dryer machine and then labeled and shipped. 

Each industry is not going to be the same, so please keep that in mind. 

Nicole Farmer

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 23 February 2022 - 01:36 PM

Hi Alfredo. Aren't you overcomplicating your processes? What's a big deal with dropping accidentally a sealed package? If it's not damaged or soiled - just pick it up and proceed. Otherwise, you'll be drowning in paperwork every time somebody drops a box.

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 February 2022 - 02:42 PM

Our packaging is vacuum sealed and made of a plastic material so if a package falls to the floor we promptly pick the package up, inspect for integrity and if still good then wipe package off with a sanitizer wipe and proceed to pack or, if does not meet packing standards, use for rework.  If package integrity is compromised we dispose of the product into inedible.  We have this simple procedure lined out in our SSOP's and GMP's.  We do not document anything else other than if we notice a failure of someone to follow the procedure.

AZC022276

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2022 - 04:51 PM

Hi Alfredo,

I will need you to explain a little more about what these sealed packages are and what they are used for. I am thinking that they contain finished goods or they are going to contain finished goods. For us, if a finished good falls onto the floor, we can simply pick it up and keep going. It's packaged and sealed up-meaning no contamination to the actual product. For those that are not yet labeled and ready to ship, these are put back through our washer/dryer machine and then labeled and shipped.

Each industry is not going to be the same, so please keep that in mind.

These are egg roll packages that fell on the floor from the machines. Some of this packages get damaged and they are disposed of. Due to my plant is USDA inspected, the inspector is requesting that we have a SSOP to specify what what we do we the packages of egg rolls that are not damaged and are place back into edible.

AZC022276

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2022 - 05:16 PM

Here is the SSOP that I’m trying to put together so your help will be appreciated.

Edited by AZC022276, 27 February 2022 - 05:17 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 February 2022 - 02:20 AM

Here is the SSOP that I’m trying to put together so your help will be appreciated.

Sorry but no SSOP document uploaded.

You need to click the "more reply options" box at bottom right hand side to generate a new page. Then follow the instructions in boxes at bottom, ie browse to document on yr PC and select/open it. Then click attach button. An indicator/text will show when uploaded. Can then click the upload's text to insert in post.

Edited by Charles.C, 28 February 2022 - 05:21 AM.
added

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

AZC022276

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 February 2022 - 02:59 AM

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 February 2022 - 05:19 AM

No file uploaded. see post 7.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

nicfarmer12

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 February 2022 - 02:10 PM

These are egg roll packages that fell on the floor from the machines. Some of this packages get damaged and they are disposed of. Due to my plant is USDA inspected, the inspector is requesting that we have a SSOP to specify what what we do we the packages of egg rolls that are not damaged and are place back into edible.

Alfredo,

So, you are just talking about the outside carton then correct? Or are you talking about the inside that touches the egg roll itself? If it is the inside, that is primary packaging and if it falls onto the floor then you may just go ahead and toss it, versus cleaning it because there is always that one chance of missing one spot that could then lead to bacteria growth. 

If it is the outside carton, then you can just visually inspect for any damage, wipe with a sanitizing wipe, and place back on the machine. If you can get your SSOP to load then we can go from there. Hope this helps you!

Nicole

Nicole Farmer

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users