What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cooking/Baking as one CCP

Started by , Mar 07 2018 11:35 AM
1 Reply

Hi Friends...

I am working for a Catering Company, we have no cook, same day serve ,complex and bakery operations.

One of the CCP in our HACCP plan is Cooking, My concern is regarding baking process. Shall we consider Cooking/Baking as a single CCP with the critical limit of product core temperature.

Please provide  some literature as well. Please suggest.... :helpplease:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? Cooking Instruction or intended use in HACCP Validation for jam cooking conditions Doner kebab cooking temperature
[Ad]

Hi Friends...

I am working for a Catering Company, we have no cook, same day serve ,complex and bakery operations.

One of the CCP in our HACCP plan is Cooking, My concern is regarding baking process. Shall we consider Cooking/Baking as a single CCP with the critical limit of product core temperature.

Please provide  some literature as well. Please suggest.... :helpplease:

Hi deep,

I assume this is traditional haccp.

There are many threads here similar to yr query. Can try search "baking/bakery" if interested in the many attachments posted therein.

From a haccp POV, baking can be "operationally" equated to "cooking".

Some haccp treatments consider baking as a CCP. Some do not. The reason for latter option is that inadequate heat treatment will usually auto-render the product visually unusable/rejected so no risk of it reaching the consumer. Some auditors seem to prefer CCP, some seem to not mind either way.

If choose a CCP, the core temperature/time is usually relevant.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? Cooking Instruction or intended use in HACCP Validation for jam cooking conditions Doner kebab cooking temperature Nutritional facts of chicken juices extracted during oven cooking Controlling raw, cooked and cooking in a Donner Kebab factory Monitoring of a critical limit - cooking Could dented cans of cooking oil be a sign of botulism? CCP Cooking - Frequency of recording temperature of foods