What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New equipment checks for kosher, food safety and allergen?

Started by , Oct 02 2018 01:46 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

We are going to buy new equiment it was used in another facility it was kosher plant. For kosher and for food safety what should i check prior to use in my facility.

Also for allegren control prior to use in facility

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?
[Ad]

Is it similar to equipment that you already have in use? If not, do some research on hygienic/sanitary design principles and ensure that the new equipment is designed so that it may be properly cleaned using your current sanitation practices.  What is your process? 

Make sure to do a thorough washdown/sanitize of all new equipment.  Perform sanitation validation before use (i.e. pre-operational swabbing, allergen swabbing if applicable, etc.). Monitor sanitation closely during the first few weeks of use and perform validation testing for as long as it takes you to ensure that the new equipment has not introduced any sanitation issues into your process.

If you implement HACCP or another hazard analysis program, you'll also need to do a reassessment of your flow chart/hazard analysis.

Hi Jigi201818,

Give the forum a search, this topic has been generally covered multiple times. Per MsMars above if you have a specific query we can be more helpful.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Allergen checklist to supplier Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES)