What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it possible to validate a kill step without a data logger?

Started by , Nov 24 2018 10:08 PM
6 Replies
Is it possible to validate kill step without a data logger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets AIB Kill Step Calculator Data logger monitoring Does anyone use a specialized software to input data from lab tests?
[Ad]

Could you give more detail ? 

How can we validate that the oven is a kill step without a data logger?

You could use microbial swabs instead of data logger , by these swabs you will be able to determine exactly the No. of microorganisms. 

Is it possible to validate kill step without a data logger?

Yes, do it by a manual procedure.

Hand held thermometer to check core temperatures of random finished goods at exit of oven

Dear rusong,

I think we  are talking about heat treatment in a belt oven? There are some temperature indicators on the market (e.g. from testo) but with all other types of equiment you have to determined the correct "holding time at °C". Just measuring the temperature is not sufficient. In a belt oven you can read the temperature probe at several "windows"/checks.

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets AIB Kill Step Calculator Data logger monitoring Does anyone use a specialized software to input data from lab tests? Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP? Kill step for powdered products SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Validate setting machine parameters for the old production Looking for New Temperature Data Loggers