What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

A repeat minor turning into a major?

Started by , Dec 14 2018 08:59 PM
4 Replies

We recently had our unannounced SQF audit and our auditor found a "repeat" minor the changed in to a major? Has anyone heard anything about this ? please help  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Grading Minor Major Critical Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming SQF Minor: Bait Station Open Major Non Conformance for Missing 3rd Party Calibration for Thermometer 9th Major Allergen FDA
[Ad]

We recently had our unannounced SQF audit and our auditor found a "repeat" minor the changed in to a major? Has anyone heard anything about this ? please help  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:

Can you give a little more context, ie what was the NC ?

If it was a minor before and a minor again the answer is NO - put a challenge in.

Just had a situation where an Auditor informed us at beginning of certification audit that he can escalate a minor to a major if there is more than 2 minors in one category.

He was wrong.

Hi Crabcake,

I agree with Glenn Oster.

However, there may be a reason for another NC, which is the follow-up of Non-conformities. Please, be aware of that and make sure, that you will not have future problems on that part of the requirements.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Hi everyone ,

my first post here . I had question like this to our consultant for implementation  , but it was only in the field of "what if..."

and the respond was the following

"Failure to resolve any food safety relevant issues in a timely manner" and "Unresolved minor NCs within the agreed time frames"

( from the document http://www.fssc22000...-version....pdf )

I hope this will help you

best regards

Similar Discussion Topics
Grading Minor Major Critical Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming SQF Minor: Bait Station Open Major Non Conformance for Missing 3rd Party Calibration for Thermometer 9th Major Allergen FDA Major nonconformance against Internal Audit program BRCGS 4.14 - Pest control major non conformance Major CAR for not having internal audit documentation Escalating recurring minor nonconformances to major Do I need to inform my cert body of a major change to a process?