What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Glove and/or arm sleeve Traceability?

Started by , Feb 12 2019 07:25 PM
7 Replies

Hello,

We were curious to find out if any food processing/manaufacturing companies are tracing gloves and/or arm sleeves that are used during production that come into food contact.  We are a frozen dough manufacturing business and the gloves we use come into contact with the dough on a daily basis.  Traceability of the gloves and arm sleeves are not currently part of our food safety programs however we were considering the food safety risks to determine if we should start tracing them and would greatly appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Personal Glove Use in RTE Plexiglass for storing glove boxes Glove use when frying foods to reduce cross contamination Widespread Disposable Glove Contamination Reported
[Ad]

Should not be a sufficient enough food safety risk to warrant traceability as long as they are designated for food contact and non-latex. 

Unless you are referring to a program for tracking due to lost gloves or sleeves in the product? If so, there are metal-detectable gloves and sleeves on the market, and a glove/sleeve checkout program may be warranted. 

1 Like1 Thank

Hi Brednar1,

we are a bakery. We don't trace gloves. We are producing for UK retailers too.

Of cource the gloves-policy, foreign body policy and requirements (FCM, specs, non-latex etc.) are part of the hygiene PRP.

Rgds

moskito

1 Like1 Thank

I have never "traced" gloves, but they are listed on my daily operational checklist for integrity.....

1 Like1 Thank

Integrity of gloves/sleeves usually means to observe the employees wearing them for signs of tears, rips, soil, etc. 

We are not doing trace as well. However we have a daily near miss walk and weekly black bag audit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will caution you that tracing gloves and sleeves could very well turn into a full time position for someone

Depending on the size of your workforce.............2 gloves + 2 sleeves per employee X3 changes per day = 16 units per employee per day

So multiply 16 * the number of employees per shift..............you can easily see where this becomes an enormous task

What are you wanting to trace them for? Integrity or do you think you have a micro issue?

This could open up a large can of worms. However, it needs to be risked out to determine if its absolutely necessary or not at this time. Ensuring they are food grade with a letter of suitablity, in most cases, are enough. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Personal Glove Use in RTE Plexiglass for storing glove boxes Glove use when frying foods to reduce cross contamination Widespread Disposable Glove Contamination Reported Glove color code policy Glove Procedure Hand Washing Policy & Glove Use Thoughts on replacing glove dips with hand sanitizer stations Need help in developing a glove policy and procedure