What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

RSPO Certification Use - Palm Oil

Started by , Mar 20 2019 03:50 PM
5 Replies

Morning / Afternoon,

I have been asked to search and find out if we can carry over the suppliers certification logo onto our packaging. About our products, chocolate compound wafers. The chocolate comes from a supplier, the chocolate has Palm Oil in it. Well, lately other companies in the UK, EU and USA are requesting RSPO certification. 

Like I mention, I have been asked to see / search out if we can carry over the suppliers certification logo (attached) onto our packaging.

My question can we JUST do that? Do we need written permission? Do we need to get certified ourselves? As I know nothing about RSPO and what is needed to carry the RSPO logo...I have tried contacting them, but no luck reaching anyone...Your help will be much appreciated 

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
RSPO Mass balance clarification Generic RSPO letter given to vendors and customers RSPO Annual Audit Help RSPO certification Meaning of the term RSPO?
[Ad]

The logo is a trademark owned by the RSPO. I believe these are the basic requirements for use:

1) RSPO member

2) Supply Chain Certified

3) ≥95% of palm oil derivatives RSPO certified

4) Granted RSPO trademark licence

This guidance document is probably useful initial reading for you: https://www.rspo.org... Guidelines.pdf

A bit like with organic, Fairtrade etc., part of the point of the scheme is maintaining the chain of custody, so requiring all parties in the chain to be certified is a sensible control.

Short answer - NO.

Your company would need to be certified and then you put your own seal in accordance with RSPO on your label.

Just curious, do consumers really care if there is a RSPO symbol on the label?  

SQF Consultant,

I think its more for customs as we had some issues at the borders in the UK, EU as we have been ask to have documentation about palm oil sustainability and documented to back that up.  If we carry / use certified P.Oil..There will be issues internationally...my thoughts..

Just curious, do consumers really care if there is a RSPO symbol on the label?  

No, consumers care for what "infuencers" promote. We are a company that produces dry blends for the food sector (dairy & bakery blands only B2B). One costumer that buys instant pie fillings from us, was asked by a big supermarket (where its product are placed) to be RSPO SG certified, so we also have to be certified. So we have to buy a more expensive product (palm fat in powder SG Cert) and to sell to him a bit more expensive product (pie filling SG cert & costs for audit and fees). What should the solution be? EU, USA and other big & well organised markets should accept only SG RSPO products and only the importers to be checked and thats all. 

Similar Discussion Topics
RSPO Mass balance clarification Generic RSPO letter given to vendors and customers RSPO Annual Audit Help RSPO certification Meaning of the term RSPO? Does anyone know how to set up RSPO Supply Chain Certification? RSPO mass balance calculation RSPO mass balance How to get RSPO Certification Audit? Round Table Palm Oil (RSPO) Audit