Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 46 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 January 2024 - 04:11 PM

Hi all, I am hoping to get some clarification about the RSPO Mass balance standard since this is my first time dealing with this. From reading the standard, I understand that I need to comply with the supply chain and mass balance sections.

When reading the mass balance requirements, it seems that it is all administrative, no floor work. We have one customer and one product that requires us to have RSPO. I understand that if that one product takes X amount palm oil product to produce, I have to make sure we buy the X amount of palm oil, that's it.

Feedback I got from the site (this is their second year with RSPO, they barely passed last year's audit) is that it doesn't matter where the RSPO palm oil products are used or in what product they end up in, as long as what that 1 product needs to be produced matched what was bought. So if the entire production needs 5,000 pounds of RSPO ingredient, I have to make sure we bought and received 5,000lbs of that certified ingredient from the approved supplier. 

yeong99

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 22 January 2024 - 08:22 AM

Yes for Mass Balance module ONLY

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 148 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2024 - 11:04 AM

Hi, 

for the mass balance yes, but it is worth to monitor where the raw material was used as you will need this for forward traceability (every 6 months if you are BRC issue 9  (5.4.5) certified due to assurance claims) 

;)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users