What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the possible causes and how to verify Mass Diarrhoea?

Started by , Apr 16 2019 02:52 PM
8 Replies

What are the possible causes and how to verify if there is a mass diarrhoea while all food tested negative for salmonella, S.Aureus and E.coli.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? RSPO Mass balance clarification Method for tracing organic oil used to fry products that meets mass balance requirements How to verify a suppliers FDA registration certificate?
[Ad]

There are roughly 600 microbes that can cause diarrhea. It depends on what the other symptoms are 

Diarrhoea is a very common symptom of food poising, so you'll need others sypmtoms as Scampi suggested, and other info if available i.e. common foods, locations etc to narrow it down.

Do you have any more information than "mass diarhhoea" :rolleyes:

There are also viruses that can cause it.

"Mass Diarrhoea" always reminds me of a local pub that got closed by Environmental Health for a while - a customer was ill with what turned out to be norovirus, but in the attempt to clean up the vomit the business managed to inadvertently aerosolise it, and caused a fairly significant localised outbreak...

other than diarrhoea, 22 person have other random symptoms like 1 or 2 have fever, 5 to 6 have vomit, 1 to 2 nausea.

19 have 1 common food prior to onset. no other common area include food history up to 72 hours before the suspected meal, lodging, etc.

the suspected food tested negative for salmonella, S.Aureus and E.coli.

suspecting Rotavirus but awaiting stool test of food handlers.

Any other special experience that you could share?

What was the suspected food?

You really need to relay this to your local public health!!!

What is the common ingested food/drink between all people that had diarrhea? 

Perhaps depending on Location, Cholera is of course another frequent suspect if "food" includes water.

A common cause - hygiene breakdown.

Verification - visual / micro.

Then again, many schools are well aware of C.perfringens.

Easier to open a book on foodborne diseases.

Similar Discussion Topics
Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? RSPO Mass balance clarification Method for tracing organic oil used to fry products that meets mass balance requirements How to verify a suppliers FDA registration certificate? MSC CoC mass reconciliation How to verify your food label claim How to verify your food label claim How to verify your food label claim How to verify if supplied chocolate beans are safe to eat?