What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Meaning of Stationary Objects made of brittle materials

Started by , Jun 18 2019 02:46 PM
2 Replies

Dear colleagues,

here in Finland we, non-native English speakers, had a discussion about the stationary objects made of or incorporating glass or brittle material. I think stationary objects means equipment, covers, machines or similar in the production made of or incorporating glass or brittle material. My colleagues thinks stationary objects means office supplies: rules, pens etc. Which ones the standards means?

Thank you so much in advance!

Viivi

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management? Meaning of the term RSPO? Meaning of control measures in FSSC 22000 What is the meaning of off line RO system? Auditor's Acronym – what is the meaning of SAS?
[Ad]

Dear colleagues,

here in Finland we, non-native English speakers, had a discussion about the stationary objects made of or incorporating glass or brittle material. I think stationary objects means equipment, covers, machines or similar in the production made of or incorporating glass or brittle material. My colleagues thinks stationary objects means office supplies: rules, pens etc. Which ones the standards means?

Thank you so much in advance!

Viivi

You are the most correct. Stationary objects means equipment, etc that isn't moved.

In the US - office supplies, etc would be stationery. Slight difference and easily confused even by native English speakers.

Thank you very much! For me this was a comic confusion =)

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management? Meaning of the term RSPO? Meaning of control measures in FSSC 22000 What is the meaning of off line RO system? Auditor's Acronym – what is the meaning of SAS? Meaning of clause 7 - requirement for traded products? BRC Issue 3 - S & D, meaning of "x" beside some clauses? Meaning of RAQ (rarely answered questions?) Allergen - Not bold. Meaning? Meaning of chapter 4.4.5 in IFS, checking purchased products