• Quick Navigation
Photo

SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

NorCalNate

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 September 2022 - 06:06 PM

I am creating the document required for the annual Management Review. My main question is regarding the first sentence of 2.1.2.1. Our company has two separate facilities. We have two Directors of Operation at the Facility which is SQF Certified. Both directors report to the owner and the COO whose offices are at our other facility.

The overall sense I get from the first sentence of 2.1.2.1 (below) makes me feel like neither Owner or COO should be part of this exercise (neither directly oversee Production activities nor participate in SQF meetings). Both are very busy and are typically very difficult to get ahold of, so I would also be worried putting them down and not being able to show the auditor they actually attended. Thoughts?? 

2.1.2.1 The SQF System shall be reviewed by senior site management at least annually and include

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 28 September 2022 - 07:21 PM

Director of the Operation at the site/most senior person at your site is what you need. This is what larger corporations do. The owner and COO don't have to be included.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 28 September 2022 - 07:26 PM

agree with PP

I've taken great pains where I am now to condense the senior companies involvement in day to day activities due to the company not understanding this distinction

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 29 September 2022 - 06:30 AM

Hi NorCalNate,

An interesting question, I would agree with the previous posts by kfromNE and Scampi, the Site Senior Management should include the Directors of Operation but not the Owner and the COO providing they have very little to do with site. For example, who signs the Policy Statement? if it is the Directors of Operation then that is your answer and a very defendable position when you get audited.

FYI other standards refer to Senior Production Manager, Senior Operations Manager, Department Managers, Site General Manager, Site Director as part of the Site Management Team.

Kind regards,

Tony

NorCalNate

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 September 2022 - 06:13 PM

Great, thank you for your thoughts. Sounds like we are all on the same page. 

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 October 2022 - 05:10 PM

I'll chime in to echo the above.  I work corporate FSQA for a company that operates 7 plants across the USA.  For us, senior management at each plant means the plant manager, QA manager/SQF Practitioner, and other managers for that individual facility.  We have some directors at the QA level who help between plants, but ultimately the plants are responsible for working their individual FSQMS.  Corporate execs receive reporting on plant performance and issue mandates for the plants to meet, guidance on updates, etc.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: management review, senior site management

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users