What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How many Pre-op ATP swabs I should take?

Started by , Aug 25 2020 03:47 PM
4 Replies

We are a pickle manufacturer just wondering how many zone 1 items need to be swabbed for ATP before production. There are about 50 zone 1 items in total, knives, kettles, buckets, trays, mandolins and more.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing GMP Hand Swabs Australia Standard for Environment Swabs Running a risk assessment to prove our company does not need ATP swabs
[Ad]

We are a pickle manufacturer just wondering how many zone 1 items need to be swabbed for ATP before production. There are about 50 zone 1 items in total, knives, kettles, buckets, trays, mandolins and more.  

I think it depends on how you describe it on your sop. For our company we swab two areas for zone 1. 

1 Like1 Thank

For FDA or USDA ? or ?

No Micro ?

In my experience with ATP swabbing, I remember doing 10 zone 1 sites a day in the morning. [retests were performed as needed]. ATP swabbing is a great way to observe your sanitation process. You could probably start with a higher number and work your way down with historical data proving to be good and clean. I would ask your FDA, USDA, or Auditing Agent what they recommend for your facility, if you still have not been able to come to a number. They should be able to help provide a good insight, and you will also be following guidelines! 

1 Like

In my experience with ATP swabbing, I remember doing 10 zone 1 sites a day in the morning. [retests were performed as needed]. ATP swabbing is a great way to observe your sanitation process. You could probably start with a higher number and work your way down with historical data proving to be good and clean. I would ask your FDA, USDA, or Auditing Agent what they recommend for your facility, if you still have not been able to come to a number. They should be able to help provide a good insight, and you will also be following guidelines! 

Above number looks similar to FDA's environmental micro swabbing procedure, ie astronomic.

@vpatel - Feedback ?

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing GMP Hand Swabs Australia Standard for Environment Swabs Running a risk assessment to prove our company does not need ATP swabs Hand Swabs of Food Handlers as verification of hand hygiene Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs What allergen swabs are you using? Environmental Monitoring Swabs for Drains Reducing ATP Swabs