What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 11.9.1 Dry and Liquid Disposal

Started by , Oct 14 2020 02:03 PM
3 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I want to start off by thanking this forum and all of you who share your knowledge.

I have a CAPA from my SQF desktop audit for Dry & Liquid Disposal regarding proper disposal of trademarked materials.

We are a co-packer, who does not own any brands or products. We co-pack single serve items (i.e.  sugar/spice packets found in restaurants, drink mixes, spice blends, etc.) and I'm finding it difficult to come up with a disposal plan for the film (rolls with over a million impressions that become the packets). The only thing I can think is contracting a certified shredder but that is really expensive.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I thought about getting ink bombs to ensure that trademark information is unusable.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Lids on Liquid Products SQF 11.8.1.6 Waste Disposal Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Ingredient Disposal Certificate Food Safety Risk Concern of Pasteurized Liquid Egg
[Ad]

Our packaging company used ink (bombs as you call them.)

Our packaging company used ink (bombs as you call them.)

Thanks! Do you recommend any specific brand or supplier?

We are also a co-packer and had this same non-conformance last year. We created a disposal form and have a box to describe how we disposed of the product to assure there will be no issues with the trademark. Some options like you stated are to contact a 3rd party company who would provide a certificate of destruction, ink as noted above or other means for example, we had a roll of film we needed to destroy and took a sawzall to cut through the film to ensure it was destroyed. Photo evidence was then provided in the report. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Lids on Liquid Products SQF 11.8.1.6 Waste Disposal Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Ingredient Disposal Certificate Food Safety Risk Concern of Pasteurized Liquid Egg Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations Proper Disposal of Wastewater from Portable Handwashing Stations The Iron Egg- kitchen utensil to add iron to food or liquid Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Documented procedure for disposal of Trademark packaging product