What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Addressing clause 6.1 and clause 8.1 in ISO 22000:2018

Started by , Oct 28 2020 06:38 AM
17 Replies

Dear friends. I need help to understand the relation between clause 6.1 and clause 8.1 in the ISO 22000:2018. It seems to me that are handling the same issue, that is hazard analysis and risk assessment. I need some leading explanation how to address both of them when I make the documentation required

Regards

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing ISO 22000, 6.3 Planning of Changes ISO 22000 Clause 6.1 addressing risk and relation to clause 8
[Ad]

6.1 Actions to address risks & opportunities relates more to 4.1 Context of organization & Interested parties: you first identify external/internal issues, interested parties & their requirements and how to deal with those requirements, then you do SWOT analysis to identify your organization strengths & weaknesses, then define risks and opportunities to address those, and then develop and implement actual actions. Clause 8.1 is about how you plan, maintain and control those actions.

1 Thank

Is there a template that we can use to carry out this risk and opportunity assessment and a swot template to use as guidelines

1 Thank

Please, see SWOT sample attached, hope it'd help.

Attached Files

4 Thanks

Also - sample of Context & Interested Parties analysis: I've actually done it basing on the sample given on this Forum by some other people, very useful!

Attached Files

3 Thanks

Awesome Thank You, Very useful tool.

1 Thank

Great and useful info.

Really appreciated

Thank You

1 Thank

Dear Olenazh, thank you for sharing the context & Interested Party Analysis Sample.

I noticed that for each external issue there is an internal issue. correct me if I am wrong. I thought that the External issues are separated from the Internal issues, I understood that the Internal issues are the issues that may has impact on the internal environment of the organization , witch can be translated into strength & weakness of the organization while the External issues are the ones impacting the organization from the external environment, witch can be translated into Opportunities & threats . Both should be related to the interested parties [ Interested parties includes the organization too ] 

So as far as I understand, it is some how SWAT analysis in an other form.

Please correct me if My understanding is diverted from the real and actual purpose of these clauses, as I am still confused in understanding it properly.   

I don't want to oppose your understanding as mine might not be correct (however, it was accepted by the auditor) Anyways, the attached might be helpful to understand standard requirements better.

Attached Files

1 Like3 Thanks

I don't want to oppose your understanding as mine might not be correct (however, it was accepted by the auditor) Anyways, the attached might be helpful to understand standard requirements better.

Hi olena,

Thks yr iputs.

I apologize for my ignorance but I have no idea what all this ISO "bumff"  has to do with Food Safety. 

Looks to me more like (ISO) Empire building.

This looks like so hectic stuff to do.  I

1 Thank

This looks like so hectic stuff to do.  I

Consider a less overloaded, more prescriptive Standard ?

Hi to everyone,

I still don't clearly understand how clause 8.1 must be managed

Do we have to write a Procedure?

It seems that there is a repetition between 6.1 and 8.1

What should we comprise here. 

Risks? Targets? Complaints? Customer satisfaction? Everything?

Is there anyone that can help me on that matter?

Thanks

Hi there, 

Is not that a swot that can be done in 4.1?

So this gets really hectic - I had already have a comprehensive documented SWOT analysis and Risk & Opportunity Document.  

2 weeks ago I went for a re-cert V5.1 got a minor finding  on Clause 6.1.1 - ISO 2200:2018 

* for not considering ie: Internal parties -  Employee succession plans, outcomes from FSMS performance (customer complaints, Managment reviews outputs, verification activities results, mock recall failures & etc.................. the second finding was not drawing up an action list from the Risk and Opportunity doc.

So now my documents are like a little book that is about 10 pages long.  Who comes up with these new clauses.  

So this gets really hectic - I had already have a comprehensive documented SWOT analysis and Risk & Opportunity Document.  

2 weeks ago I went for a re-cert V5.1 got a minor finding  on Clause 6.1.1 - ISO 2200:2018 

* for not considering ie: Internal parties -  Employee succession plans, outcomes from FSMS performance (customer complaints, Managment reviews outputs, verification activities results, mock recall failures & etc.................. the second finding was not drawing up an action list from the Risk and Opportunity doc.

So now my documents are like a little book that is about 10 pages long.  Who comes up with these new clauses.  

Hi, 

please can you share your docments , like a template I would like to check what coloumn names you have  and possibly see how u answered on ne internal issue as an example 

Frankly, I feel that ISO technical committee has deviated from the original purpose of ISO9001 as a QMS by encroaching into the business aspects. The Standards is becoming quite ridiculous by going into business risk and opportunities, SWOT analysis, etc. Why not stick strictly to Quality / Food Safety and leave business aspects to the business owners? The health of the business will determine the amount of resources available to support the QMS or FSMS.

Similar Discussion Topics
Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing ISO 22000, 6.3 Planning of Changes ISO 22000 Clause 6.1 addressing risk and relation to clause 8 New X-ray Machine, Addressing additional CCP... or not? Help addressing pest harborage, please? A documented program addressing all metals that may pose a risk SQF Level 2 - Addressing "Quality" in modules 2 & 11? Addressing sensitive topics with senior management?