Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

Good Day, my name is Mbulelo working for the snack industry. I need to draft a program addressing all metals that may pose a risk of physical contamination. Anyone who has done this before with a template on how this program should look like??

CLEMENT GRIFFITHS

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

Not sure I am upstanding you. The way we handled it was to do a risk assessment specific to physical hazards and the control measures needed. This resulted in the identification of wood, glass, brittle plastic , hard plastic and metal. Wood was condensed into " essential" vs non essential wood, a glass and brittle plastic register was created and metal detection was identified as the control measure needed to address metal and tramp metal, where tramp metal is the junk introduced with ingredietns including  stones with a ferrous signature.( e.g Raisins) 

Non essential wood was eliminated

Essential wood was treated as a PRP

Glass and brittle plastic was also a PRP 

Metal was a CCP

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

Good Day, my name is Mbulelo working for the snack industry. I need to draft a program addressing all metals that may pose a risk of physical contamination. Anyone who has done this before with a template on how this program should look like??

Hi Mbulelo,

You omitted to mention wheter any specific FS Standard involved. Maybe relevant.

Generically, it's basically simple.

As you imply in yr OP, you need to do a Risk Assessment based on evaluating your Process/Environment with respect to any metals which you consider may pose a significant risk of  contaminating the product.

eg -

Fe - Stainless steel conveyor belts.

Fe - Ferrous Iron due Iron Tables.

etc

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users