What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Re-occuring NCs time limit, how far can the auditor go back?

Started by , Jan 07 2021 10:37 AM
7 Replies

Hi there, I was just wondering how far back (in terms of previous audits) can an auditor go to give you a repeat conformance i.e. is it just the last audit or is up to 3 years? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Over lenient NSF auditor First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table BRC Unannounced Audit Time
[Ad]

Hi, 

My understanding is it would be the last audit. 

Thanks 

An auditor can check NCs from last 3 audits.

hello, last audit: requisite 1.1.12: "Non-conformities identified in previous certification audits must have been fully and effectively rectified and these will be checked during the current audit."

best regards,

L

hello, last audit: requisite 1.1.12: "Non-conformities identified in previous certification audits must have been fully and effectively rectified and these will be checked during the current audit."

best regards,

L

I am not sure if the last audit should be the interpretation as it states previous audits.

Only the latest audit NC will be re-checked.

I would like to suggest that the important point seems to have been missed - this should not be about non-conformities but about good food safety practice. If you now have a non-conformity re-occurring the site really needs to ask itself why? What has happened or failed to allow a previously corrected non-conformity to re-occur. If it is really 3 years ago since the non-conformity last occurred, then it implies that good preventive action was put in place to stop recurrence but this is no longer being effective?

The site should revisit the root cause analysis and look at its preventive action.

IDK exactly but as a previous SQF Auditor I would sometimes go upwards of a year, especially it red flags or rabbit holes kept on coming up.

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Over lenient NSF auditor First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table BRC Unannounced Audit Time Are You an Effective Auditor? FSSC Internal auditor competency Soft Drinks - Pasteurisation Time/Temp (PU's) Swabbing zone 1,2,3 at the same time Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date