What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Vegetable quality assurance

Started by , Feb 03 2021 01:29 PM
2 Replies

Hello everyone. I'm  working for a company where we process vegetables with a shelf life of five days after cutting.

How often should I take my samples to the lab for verification. John.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standardization of Caramel Color and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Vegetable Fibers and novel food Validation of pasteurization in vegetable soups Fruit and Vegetable Puree Blending Citric Acid and Lemon Addition to Vegetable Juice
[Ad]

Hi John; You should establish that yourself. What micro/chemical tests do you send your samples for? As the shelf life is very short, I would send samples for testing twice: at the beginning of shelf life and at the end. For instance, our yogurts have 42-day shelf life - they're tested once a week.

To extend the previous Post, the number will also relate to the uniformity of the results that come back from lab.

One principle IMEX is that always send a duplicate sample, preferably disguised from each other.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standardization of Caramel Color and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Vegetable Fibers and novel food Validation of pasteurization in vegetable soups Fruit and Vegetable Puree Blending Citric Acid and Lemon Addition to Vegetable Juice Fruits and Vegetable Wastage Control Vegetable Oil Scientific Study for Biological Hazards EMP in a RTE facility that makes vegetable filled hand pies Hydrolyzed vegetable or corn protein replacements in rice seasoning? Gum after deguming in vegetable oil production is an allergen?