What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Combining audits and checklists?

Started by , Jun 15 2021 05:51 AM
6 Replies

Looking for different suggestions on how you carry out internal auditing at your site when you have more than one standard to follow?
E.g BRC section 1 senior management commitment is also included in various customer standard internal audits. Would you complete these at the same time? ie complete the Brc and all relevant customers individual audit checklists ? Or have you created your own audit checklists with all relevant standards included ? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to list ingredients when combining prepared products? Combining Swaps in Environmental Pathogen Monitoring Plan Combining Refrigerator + Cold Water Thawing Combining Your HACCP and HARPC Food Safety Plans Combining 11.3 Personnel into one document/policy statement?
[Ad]

Where there is direct overlap I'd usually audit together - seems pointless doing back-to-back audits of basically the same area.

Normally I'd combine these into one document, as it's fairly easy to copy paste from different bits to compile a single "standard"/checklist, and I find it much easier than trying to audit while switching back and forth between multiple checklists/standards documents.

1 Like

Looking for different suggestions on how you carry out internal auditing at your site when you have more than one standard to follow?
E.g BRC section 1 senior management commitment is also included in various customer standard internal audits. Would you complete these at the same time? ie complete the Brc and all relevant customers individual audit checklists ?
Or have you created your own audit checklists with all relevant standards included ?
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

I agree with pHruit. Combine them. We have USDA, FDA and SQF regulations. If two regulations are similar - I use the strictest one. That way you are covered for both.

Also agree with the approaches suggested.

We have one document for each section to be audited and have a checklist which includes third party requirements, customer codes of practice and our own internal policy - in cases where it's higher / different to the third party / customer. 

Takes time to pull the info together and it's a pain when the standard changes - but it works well and ensures everything is covered. Also good for gap analysis work too !

I absolutely agree with the above. If you want a suggestion on how to cover your butt with the various auditors, you can title the audit "XX COMPANY Internal Audit" then in your subheading list "Standards Covered: X, X, X". Simple fix to let the various auditors know at a glance you have several standards that you must meet, and that you have spent the effort to meet them all.

Previous assumes different Standards are "compatible",  eg I anticipate that BRC is probably the only one which needs a risk based frequency ?

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions. Looks like I’ll implement the one document. Will be all worth it in the end.

Similar Discussion Topics
How to list ingredients when combining prepared products? Combining Swaps in Environmental Pathogen Monitoring Plan Combining Refrigerator + Cold Water Thawing Combining Your HACCP and HARPC Food Safety Plans Combining 11.3 Personnel into one document/policy statement? SQF Auditor Statement -- Combining Minors to Make a Major Combining multiple products on one metal detection record Combining similar products in food safety plan - expert advice needed Combining Risk assessment and Hazard Analysis CCP Determination Combining Multiple Process in to one HACCP Plan