What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How have others successfully argued exemption to SQF Modules?

Started by , Apr 15 2022 09:21 PM
3 Replies

My company makes Wine and is going for SQF Certification. I'm aware of another Winery who successfully demonstrated to their auditing body that they were exempt from the Environmental Monitoring SQF Module, which is something I believe we may also try to do.

I wanted to hear other's success stories for getting exemptions, the methods used and any insights you could provide for others trying to do the same. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Supplier Audit Exemption? Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product SQF modules for soy-based food products production facility How to determine and exemption from stability and compatibility testing? CFIA Meat broth cube exemption policy?
[Ad]
You just need to submit in writing a request for exemption, state code and description of same, your reasoning as to why your company should be exemt and then include copies of supporting documents.

I have facilities that are both SQF certified and some that are BRC certified that have risk assessed out of EMPs.    It can be done in some cases.   In your case, I think it might be done as well.   I am thinking that all or your products are lethal to pathogens and there is no risk.   Is that your argument?  

This might help you with your risk assessment: https://www.foodqual...o-the-editor-2/

Similar Discussion Topics
Supplier Audit Exemption? Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product SQF modules for soy-based food products production facility How to determine and exemption from stability and compatibility testing? CFIA Meat broth cube exemption policy? Food Supplements FSMA Exemption? FDA exemption for facilities who solely store unexposed packaged food Manufacturer of wood pallets, Can I file for exemption for 2.4.3? SID Numbers Exemption Requirements Exemption from food Fraud SQF8