Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 June 2021 - 09:16 PM

Hi all, I am planning to get SQF level 2 (Food Safety) certification for a facility that produce soybean-based food products. Look like soy-based food products belong to FSC 10 (Dairy Food Processing) so SQF model 2 (System elements) and SQF model 11 (GMP for Processing of Food Products) are the only two models I have to work on. Please correct if I am wrong. Thank you. O.C

FoodSafety2020

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:19 PM

Also how many months of records (minimum) do I need to have in place before the SQF audit can proceed ?

Would 3 months be sufficient ?

Thanks

O.C

YNA QA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 97 posts
  • 17 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Crochet, Reading, Animals, Football

Posted 21 June 2021 - 08:32 PM

Hello!

I've had auditors tell me anywhere from 3-6 months depending on what is being looked at, and on what review schedule your own programs are based on.  SQF Food Safety (formerly SQF Level 2) has several annually reviewed programs- Food Defense, Mock Recall, Crisis Management, etc. I would suggest doing a good code read/review to see what the requirements are, and to see changed when the code updated to Version 9.  

If you feel you have all the relevant, annual reviewed materials completed in 3months of implementation, then I would get in contact with a CB. Regardless your first step will be a desk/paperwork review, and they'll let you know what is lacking.

If not, I'd spend some more time reviewing and insuring you have met all necessary criteria. There is no sense in spending the month to find out you're missing half of your necessary challenges/programs. 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:39 PM

That category doesn't sound right, that's for dairy substitutes (e.g. soy milk) unless of course that's what you are making

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users