What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Drain foaming during production

Started by , Apr 28 2022 06:30 PM
8 Replies

Hi everyone,

we are SQF certified bakery. Fruit flies have been an issue in our locker and washroom areas for a while. Our pest control company recommended that we foam drains with "bio foam" as shown in the picture below. Can this procedure be done during production?

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Floor is not sloped to the drain getting constant overflow Drain Sanitation Recommendations Drain catch baskets Drain and Toilet Back-up Policy or Procedure Are there any standards for Drain Vents in a food factory?
[Ad]
No, can not be done buring production.

Better idea would be insect rings that fit into the drains and are on guard 247 such as from Ecolab.
1 Thank

do you have a boot dip prior to entering production?

do you have a boot dip prior to entering production?

No

Then I will agree with Glen

You're introducing a hazard to the facility that doesn't already exist

What you can do, however, is flush those drains with vinegar and baking soda followed with a boiling water rinse, that should actually take care of a lot of your problem

The vinegar will decompose into water and acetate  and the baking soda you will already have in droves

1 Like2 Thanks

I disagree. You are using this cleaner outside of production areas (locker rooms and washrooms). You should be able to clean the drain and block it off so people do not step into the foam and track it into the facility, if that is your concern. 

I was told the treatment for drain flies was different than for fruit flies? If they're in your drain, they are more than likely drain flies, fruit flies tend to breed in damp not wet environments (see attachment). You might be treating for them the wrong way if they're drain flies.

Attached Files

1 Thank

I disagree. You are using this cleaner outside of production areas (locker rooms and washrooms). You should be able to clean the drain and block it off so people do not step into the foam and track it into the facility, if that is your concern. 

Thanks Kara for your comments, but we will use it in all drains even inside the production area.

1 Like

No, can not be done buring production.

Better idea would be insect rings that fit into the drains and are on guard 247 such as from Ecolab.

Thank you for your comment. what is insect rings?

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Floor is not sloped to the drain getting constant overflow Drain Sanitation Recommendations Drain catch baskets Drain and Toilet Back-up Policy or Procedure Are there any standards for Drain Vents in a food factory? Feedback on a Drain Cleaning SSOP Backed up drain, is our freshly packaged product safe for consumption? Drain Cleaning Protocol Drain Testing SOP Drain Back Procedure anyone heard of this?