What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Validating trimmed dough reprocess

Started by , Jan 20 2023 04:40 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

Our plant is looking into re-processing trimmed dough which was not part of the process before and I was wondering what kind of validation activities should be done prior to implementing this process?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Validating microbiological testing in-house Procedure for Verifying and Validating a Data Logger Validating and verifying Steam used to cook food BRCGS - Food Safety Issue 9 - 2.7.4. Validating Prerequisites Validating Expiration Dates of Colourings
[Ad]

A) you need to include the original batch/lot number into the new one

B) procedure for rework (as technically that's what this is)

As for validation, assuming your process includes a kill step, other than organoleptic, you shouldn't need to validate anything IMO

Scampi covered it, in my opinion.

That said, I would confirm that the reworked dough is microbiologically acceptable even if you have a kill step.

You don't want it to form mycotoxins that your kill step doesn't deal with or have an unusually/unacceptably high microbiological load going into the process.

Similar Discussion Topics
Validating microbiological testing in-house Procedure for Verifying and Validating a Data Logger Validating and verifying Steam used to cook food BRCGS - Food Safety Issue 9 - 2.7.4. Validating Prerequisites Validating Expiration Dates of Colourings Validating Label Claims Validating the removal of CCP Pasteurization Validating X-ray detector Validating and verifying documents in a digital format Need some help on validating plastic caps on PET bottle for leakage