What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Glove use when frying foods to reduce cross contamination

Started by , Feb 07 2023 08:44 PM
5 Replies

Hi all, 

Looking for input here on how best to reduce cross contamination when frying foods - 

For example, frozen chicken strips that are not RTE - wear gloves when putting into fryer? Change gloves before touching basket handle and putting into fryer? Are gloves necessary when handling the frozen food prior to frying? or should just be worn after food is fried and ready for serving?

Trying to think of a simple way to phrase this to limit cross contact - even with things such as freezer doors if they don't change gloves after touching the frozen food and then putting the excess away. 

All help is appreciated. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Personal Glove Use in RTE Plexiglass for storing glove boxes Widespread Disposable Glove Contamination Reported Glove color code policy
[Ad]

Is it possible to use utensils (eg tongs) to handle the raw material rather than hands? 

2 Likes2 Thanks

WIll need to verify. 

Is it possible to use utensils (eg tongs) to handle the raw material rather than hands? 

Agreed! If you touch the raw product without gloves, it is unlikely that your employees will always wash their hands before putting gloves on to touch the RTE product. Using the utensil with an identified storage location away from the RTE area would help control potential contamination.

Or if there is a way to not touch the product and safely move the product from raw container to fryer to RTE container you can consider that as well. 

Hi MES12,

I’m with Brothbro, adequate hand hygiene and separate colour coded utensils for raw and cooked should be the way to go. I don’t see the use of gloves as adding any value only one more thing to manage.

WHO Safe Food Rule 2.jpg   107.22KB   0 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

2 Likes

It is unclear to me what kind of business is being discussed.

For a commercial manufacturing facility I suggest to consult BRC + give disposable gloves to the NRTE/RTE employees.

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Personal Glove Use in RTE Plexiglass for storing glove boxes Widespread Disposable Glove Contamination Reported Glove color code policy Glove Procedure Hand Washing Policy & Glove Use Thoughts on replacing glove dips with hand sanitizer stations Glove and/or arm sleeve Traceability? Need help in developing a glove policy and procedure