What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Personal Fans in Production Line

Started by , Jun 02 2023 02:18 PM

We have strategically placed fans in production to help cool things down.   No biggie if done right, and you already said they'll be on the cleaning schedule.  So I think you're good to go.

Safe!

11 Replies

Can you implement personal fans on a production line, and if so should this be added to pre-op inspection to ensure cleanliness/sanitizing?

Please help! :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Personal Glove Use in RTE Personal Hygiene Audit Template BRCGS - Control of personal medicine Personal Hygiene BRCV9 - 7.2.1 Is it mandatory to put personal names in the organization chart?
[Ad]

How would you clean them? AFAIK, they're not designed for easy cleaning.

1 Like2 Thanks

I would be worried about the physical hazard of broken parts, batteries, and covers falling in to the product.

1 Like2 Thanks

I would be worried about the physical hazard of broken parts, batteries, and covers falling in to the product.

The fans would not be located in a place where they would "fall" into the product.

It would be on a candy production line, on the end of a wrap-machine.

We already utilize fans in our drying rooms, and have them on a cleaning schedule. (have had no issues with Audits)

The fans would not be located in a place where they would "fall" into the product.

It would be on a candy production line, on the end of a wrap-machine.

We already utilize fans in our drying rooms, and have them on a cleaning schedule. (have had no issues with Audits)

I interpreted personal fans as the handheld battery type. 

If you already have approved fans on a cleaning schedule, why not add another one in this room and put it on the cleaning schedule too?

1 Like1 Thank

Then, I guess, it would be OK. We're using fans too: in incubation room, where the products are already packed.

1 Thank

You can use fans that are cleanable and set them up on a cleaning schedule and yes you should include inspection of these fans on a pre-op inspection.  One note that I always suggest, try not to have fans blow directly onto product or product zones.

1 Thank

Personal fans could be no-go depending on your GFSI scheme.  I'm heavy on SQF and know personal items are prohibited, I *think* other GFSI's are similar but can't say for sure.  Not to mention regulatory bodies could make them an issue, as in places like the USA:  FDA mandates personal items are to be stored away from food is exposed and utensils are washed under CFR Part 117 GMP's.

Others mentioned the issue with blowing air from your room around on exposed food, can lead to cross contamination issues (but sounds like it's not a factor for OP's process).

If it were my plant and employees were asking for fans, I'd say company should be providing fans so they can control the sanitation of them.

1 Thank

Personal fans could be no-go depending on your GFSI scheme.  I'm heavy on SQF and know personal items are prohibited, I *think* other GFSI's are similar but can't say for sure.  Not to mention regulatory bodies could make them an issue, as in places like the USA:  FDA mandates personal items are to be stored away from food is exposed and utensils are washed under CFR Part 117 GMP's.

Others mentioned the issue with blowing air from your room around on exposed food, can lead to cross contamination issues (but sounds like it's not a factor for OP's process).

If it were my plant and employees were asking for fans, I'd say company should be providing fans so they can control the sanitation of them.

Hello, and thank you for your information. I know I stated personal fans, but they are company bought fans. I guess the proper term I should've used is ''Station" sorry to confuse.

Can you implement personal fans on a production line, and if so should this be added to pre-op inspection to ensure cleanliness/sanitizing?

Please help! :)

These would be fans for each packaging station, not actually a personal employee fan.

We have strategically placed fans in production to help cool things down.   No biggie if done right, and you already said they'll be on the cleaning schedule.  So I think you're good to go.

Safe!

1 Thank

...  I'm heavy on SQF and know personal items are prohibited,...

Should probably have been personnel, not personal.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Personal Glove Use in RTE Personal Hygiene Audit Template BRCGS - Control of personal medicine Personal Hygiene BRCV9 - 7.2.1 Is it mandatory to put personal names in the organization chart? Personal Safety considerations for a new building What to do when people do not follow the personal hygiene regulations Personal Hygiene and cross contamination training GMP concerns of an employee wearing a personal belt Personal hygiene forms