What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers

Started by , Jul 05 2023 07:14 PM
5 Replies

Anyone has suggestion on what to do to meet this ? How do you guys meet this one ? I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

Jean

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Transportation Procedures Food Security Policies and Procedures External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records Changeover and documentation procedures requirements Cleaning Procedures in Coffee Manufacturing and Packaging
[Ad]

I would not over think it too much.  

....  all out of date chemicals are disposed by contacting a certified hazardous chemicals / waste.   Hazardous waste disposal company shall ensure that all disposal is done according to local, state, federal regulations.  Have an approved hazardous waste vendor identified and approved.   

If you return contains or chemicals to the MFG, how does that process take place?   rinsing of barrels, labeling, etc.  

Thanks for your reply. I can definitely work with that. 

Jean-C

Jean-C  if you're in Ontario you have some good choices for chemical disposal.  They will ask you what you are disposing of, and issue a receipt once pick up has occurred

As for empty barrels, depending on what the chemical was, you can rinse and recycle them   Sometimes, the manufacturer wants them back so that may be an option as well

1 Like

I am in Alberta; Will ask my chemical supplier what are the options for me.

Thanks a lot.

Jean-C.

Our sanitation chemical supplier takes our barrels and totes back when delivering next load

This is who we use  http://www.aevitas.ca/locations.html      they have a location in Edmonton

Similar Discussion Topics
Transportation Procedures Food Security Policies and Procedures External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records Changeover and documentation procedures requirements Cleaning Procedures in Coffee Manufacturing and Packaging Example HACCP Manual and Procedures for Packaging Company Chiller and Freezer Breakdown Procedures Revisions on SQF Procedures Emergency preparedness and response procedures as required by ISO 22000 for food packaging Are you allowed to check policy or procedures during a BRC Audit?