Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 November 2022 - 04:00 PM

I am reviewing my company procedures for the SQF. As I understand it, it needs to be reviewed yearly, but not necessarily changed if there aren't changes in the process.

How would it be noted that the procedure is reviewed? Would you add another revision or have a separate review line?

Thanks!

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 381 posts
  • 90 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 10 November 2022 - 04:20 PM

I've used something as simple s a page at the end of the SQF/SOP book saying all procedures were reviewed on:, by:.  Currently, I use a simple document audit sheet, that shows the date I reviewed the document, lists any changes if needed and I sign off on it.  However works best for you to show that you are reviewing documents.  I would also think if you are using the checklist from SQF to review the system every year that could also show evidence that you are reviewing documents.

Thanked by 1 Member:

SandraUAlmazan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 November 2022 - 04:20 PM

We maintain review dates in our Master Document List instead of in the actual document (though we do note draft dates and effective dates in the document).

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,537 posts
  • 1518 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 November 2022 - 05:02 PM

I use a reassessment form for all procedures as well as for my internal audits (the same form)

I can fill it in electronically, and it simply asks if it was compliant to the code or not,  if it's all good, a tick in the compliant box and move on

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,415 posts
  • 1002 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 11 November 2022 - 01:28 AM

All good suggestions.

The answer is "whatever works best for you".

Excel document that has conditional formatting that shows when a document is due for review, and a box that you can tic (Scampi) that shows that the document was reviewed and no changes were necessary, along with a review date.

Software solution where you set up documents for review, when said document comes up for review, you review and indicate that the document was reviewed and changes were made (or not). Software keeps an audit log.

Table on the document itself that shows a revision/review history.

Again, whatever works best for you. As long as you can show that documents are being reviewed in accordance with whatever standard you are certificated against, and you can show that what you are doing is what you say you are supposed to be doing, is fine.

Marshall

Edited by mgourley, 11 November 2022 - 01:31 AM.

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 186 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 November 2022 - 04:12 PM

I've done this a couple of different ways.  At one company we would divide portions of our FSQMS into sections, review a section during a quarterly management meeting (documenting which procedures were reviewed in meeting minutes), and have the food safety team sign off on the meeting.  Another way was to break the SQF code down by the program it covered in my FSQMS (receiving/shipping, sanitation, etc) onto some internal forms, and review the programs throughout the year to make sure each part was covered over the year.  Both have been accepted by SQF auditors.

I've never believed in the need to reprint/reissue a document with a note in the revision history stating the document was reviewed with no changes.  By having the reviews documented separately, it covered me when an auditor would notice a document was last revised years ago.  I'm lazy in that I don't want to reprint my entire FSQMS over the course of each year, and depending on the size of your manual it can be a lot of printer toner saved.

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 693 posts
  • 229 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 November 2022 - 07:10 PM

I use a chart at the end of the document that lists the changes, if any, with the date or review. If a new revision is issued, I list in on the chart, save it as a new document and then move the previous version to an archive folder. I have had auditors ask why I print every document in the FSQM but as long as I can produce the document with a review from the last 12 months, or less, I haven't had any push back.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users