What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Practitioner Course

Started by , Nov 06 2023 11:13 PM
4 Replies

Hi all, My background is in seafood where we were only had HACCP plans.  I'm looking to make a slight career change to areas that involve SQF.   I'm HACCP certified.   Just recently completed PCQI certification while in between jobs, so have not had a chance to implement my training.   

Would it be wise to also take an SQF course such as the one listed below to strengthen my knowledge and resume?

https://www.sqfi.com...raining-program

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does SQF require a SQF Practitioner to be on-site at all times? New Quality and Food Safety Manager-SQF Practitioner SQF Practitioner Question What happens if a company does not have a backup practitioner? SQF Advanced Practitioner Test Help
[Ad]

Hi all, My background is in seafood where we were only had HACCP plans.  I'm looking to make a slight career change to areas that involve SQF.   I'm HACCP certified.   Just recently completed PCQI certification while in between jobs, so have not had a chance to implement my training.   

Would it be wise to also take an SQF course such as the one listed below to strengthen my knowledge and resume?

https://www.sqfi.com...raining-program

I wouldn't. I'd make my future employer send me. The problem. Your next job may use a different GFSI than SQF. 

The course offered may be good to learn the basics of being an SQF Practitioner, however Practical experience would be substantially better.

There are many seafood operations that are SQF certified, since that is where your experience is I'd be looking for an SQF certified company to apply to - that could create a great opportunity to slide into SQF and get into being an SQF Practitioner and more. 

I wouldn't. I'd make my future employer send me. The problem. Your next job may use a different GFSI than SQF.

You make a great point. Looking at job descriptions it seems a lot tend to want someone with GFSI/SQF. I want to be able to increase my chances at landing a good gig.

The course offered may be good to learn the basics of being an SQF Practitioner, however Practical experience would be substantially better.

There are many seafood operations that are SQF certified, since that is where your experience is I'd be looking for an SQF certified company to apply to - that could create a great opportunity to slide into SQF and get into being an SQF Practitioner and more.

Yes you are right too. Practical experience trumps the course. I know that first hand with the PCQI course I recently took. I learned something but feel that without putting it in practice Im not maximizing what I learned.

Similar Discussion Topics
Does SQF require a SQF Practitioner to be on-site at all times? New Quality and Food Safety Manager-SQF Practitioner SQF Practitioner Question What happens if a company does not have a backup practitioner? SQF Advanced Practitioner Test Help SQF Advanced Practitioner Test SQF practitioner quit 3 weeks before inspection at small biz - what to do? QA Manager and SQF Practitioner Tips on taking the Advanced SQF Practitioner Exam SQF Ed.9 and HACCP training for SQF Practitioner