What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supply Chain Preventive Controls

Started by , Mar 08 2024 01:57 PM
2 Replies

We process food however we do store & distribute some items that are already completely packaged in its final form.  Box in, box out.   How would one set up a supply-chain control for those items that are already packaged for the end consumer?  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Neogen Supply Bill S-211 - Forced and Child Labour in Canadian Supply Chains (audit?) Water Supply Monitoring If the production sites water comes from a town or regional water supply, do we still need to do water monitoring? SQF 11.5.1.2 Contigency Plans - potable water supply
[Ad]

If there is a risk you may need a supply chain control.   There are lots of ways to set up a supply chain control.  Essentially your have to use approved suppliers and then verify and then conduct verifcation activities.  

If you havent taken the PQCI class you should.  See chapter 12 on supply chain control.   There are also examples at the end of the manual.   link to manual below.  

https://d1vy0qa05cdj...V1.2_public.pdf

1 Thank

Thanks @kingstudruler1 I have taken that course.   The examples in the course are geared towards ingredients, such as cheese to make a cheese buscuit.  Not much if anything is mentioned on product that is already packaged in its retail form.   My guess is that a supplier approval questionnaire, along with a copy of the supplier's hazard analysis and haccp plan should suffice?  

I cant imagine a strictly dedicated storage facility obtaining paperwork for the hundreds if not thousands of items that are stored and distributed through their facility?  

Similar Discussion Topics
Neogen Supply Bill S-211 - Forced and Child Labour in Canadian Supply Chains (audit?) Water Supply Monitoring If the production sites water comes from a town or regional water supply, do we still need to do water monitoring? SQF 11.5.1.2 Contigency Plans - potable water supply Supply Chain Map FSVP - what is needed in addition to HARPC supply-chain program? Customer Request - Supply Standards Form BRCGS Clause 3.7.5 - Supply Chain Traceability Temperatures and humidity for air supply