• Quick Navigation
Photo

Customer Request - Supply Standards Form

Share this

Best Answer , 20 September 2023 - 04:17 PM

I'd ask for examples.  I help in procurement for a corporate entity that runs 10 different plants, and we have specific forms we send to suppliers when we want specific answers.  We also ask for information on their EM program, allergen management program, and HACCP program.  For those programs, we receive replies ranging from direct copies of their SOPs to letterhead generic letters that briefly outline what they do.  Either is acceptable to us.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

kyrabowden

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:17 PM

We have a long-time customer who has recently joined Pattison Food Group. As part of the on-boarding process, our customer is asking for a "Supply Standards Form". 

I'm not quite sure what they are referring to... I'm sure it's something we already have in place but we just call it something differently. Any insight would be appreciated - Thanks!

SerenityNow!

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 7 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 September 2023 - 11:35 PM

I have never had this particular request.  It seems to me that it would be a document that outlines various aspects of your company's standards and practices. A consolidated version of all the relevant information related to product quality, safety, packaging, and other relevant criteria.  However, I would ask for clarification.  

This facility I am at has a packet with all standard docs that we send out when we get requests which saves us quite a bit of time. Our FS Director updates it annually and as needed. The front of the packet has a generalized statement and has saved us quite a bit of time with customer questionnaires and standard supplier renewal requests. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 363 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 20 September 2023 - 03:44 PM

I agree with the post above, that it sounds like they're trying to more formally qualify you as a supplier. It's true that some companies have a ready-made packet to provide when requested, but often times the requesting company will send a questionnaire that you need to fill out and return. 

At any rate, it can't hurt to ask them for a bit of clarity on this subject. It's not uncommon for people to call the same thing by different names.

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 September 2023 - 04:17 PM   Best Answer

I'd ask for examples.  I help in procurement for a corporate entity that runs 10 different plants, and we have specific forms we send to suppliers when we want specific answers.  We also ask for information on their EM program, allergen management program, and HACCP program.  For those programs, we receive replies ranging from direct copies of their SOPs to letterhead generic letters that briefly outline what they do.  Either is acceptable to us.

kyrabowden

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 September 2023 - 07:21 PM

Thanks everyone! Feedback was appreciated. Figures... they have their own questionnaire and just forgot to hit attach  :lol2:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users