Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 267 posts
  • 27 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 November 2023 - 04:08 PM

I've been asked to create a Supply Chain Map for several (19) of our products.  Looking for tips, templates or idea on how to go about this.

We purchase fish from other companies who purchase the fish from boats or other companies.  

we also purchase other ingredients from suppliers. 

Our finished product is smoked fish - different types of fish, different flavors, different types of smoking. 

I was asked to start a month ago, but had a couple audits to get through.  They are getting anxious about it, even though it's not due until February.

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 09 November 2023 - 04:56 PM

One potential option: https://firstperson....-that-own-them/

Then take this template and expand out. 

Other ideas: look at the different graph options in word or excel. See if one would work for you. 

Do you have an engineer on site? I've used them before to bounce ideas off when I struggled to create our complicated process flow charts. 

Good luck

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,236 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 November 2023 - 05:54 AM

Hi Miss Frankie,

I’d probably use PowerPoint to do that. You can generate something like this, supplemented with corresponding details on a second page:

Attached File  Supply Chain Map.jpg   247.49KB   0 downloads

If it isn’t too off-scale or complicated you could put the info on a background real map showing locations as well.

Kind regards,

Tony

Flix

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2023 - 06:54 AM

I've been asked to create a Supply Chain Map for several (19) of our products.  Looking for tips, templates or idea on how to go about this.

We purchase fish from other companies who purchase the fish from boats or other companies.  

we also purchase other ingredients from suppliers. 

Our finished product is smoked fish - different types of fish, different flavors, different types of smoking. 

I was asked to start a month ago, but had a couple audits to get through.  They are getting anxious about it, even though it's not due until February.

I use this to create flow charts, its free and easy to use!

https://app.diagrams.net/

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users