What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Keeping Up To Date-Research Strategies

Started by , Mar 18 2015 08:39 PM
3 Replies

Most food safety/quality programs want you to show how you keep up to date on the latest trends, information, and scientific advances that apply to your product.  I've seen questions on this forum asking how this should be done.  In my Google Scholar routine search, that sends articles to my gmail, I saw this guide to research today.  It was prepared as a manual for the York Health Economics Consortium, but it is a very good basic description of how to systematically research a topic.

Technical-Manual-for-Performing-Electronic-Literature-Searches-in-Food-and-Feed-Safety.pdf   427.62KB   51 downloads

This is pretty much the same process that I have been using for many years in science and legal research. 

Hope this helps someone.

Martha

1 Like5 Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Effective record keeping for HACCP Keeping supplier documentation up to date Record keeping for Control Point - not a CCP What is enough for record keeping for the first BRC-GS audit?
[Ad]

Many Thanks for the impressive document. Unquestionably a labour of (York/Southampton) Love.

Although the 49 pages is a bit heavy treading ! Brings back painful memories of Beilstein. :smile:

I can only applaud your devotion to duty.

Thanks / Charles.C

Charles, I think you probably don't need this, you are good at doing research.

Ah, Beilstein.  Great resource in the past days, before the Internet.  Along with the Merck Index.

Martha

1 Thank

Most food safety/quality programs want you to show how you keep up to date on the latest trends, information, and scientific advances that apply to your product.  I've seen questions on this forum asking how this should be done.  In my Google Scholar routine search, that sends articles to my gmail, I saw this guide to research today.  It was prepared as a manual for the York Health Economics Consortium, but it is a very good basic description of how to systematically research a topic.

Technical-Manual-for-Performing-Electronic-Literature-Searches-in-Food-and-Feed-Safety.pdf

This is pretty much the same process that I have been using for many years in science and legal research. 

Hope this helps someone.

Martha

FORMIDABLE WORK, AND THANK YOU FOR SHARE

Similar Discussion Topics
Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Effective record keeping for HACCP Keeping supplier documentation up to date Record keeping for Control Point - not a CCP What is enough for record keeping for the first BRC-GS audit? Keeping records of minor mistakes Keeping Track of Dates involved in managing the Food Safety Management Program Reopening and keeping processing plants open Solutions for keeping rolls off the floor Paperwork & record keeping for acidified foods