What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Consumer Complaint Levels

Started by , Mar 31 2016 08:32 AM
1 Reply

We have had request from our CEO to benchmark our failure rate / CPM against different industries.

We know we are about 0.25 CPM (Complaints per Million Units Sold) as a Group, and worldwide Dairy benchmark is 1.0 CPM.

We manufacture Diary, Juice, Bakery, Poultry and Infant Nutrition Products in the Middle East.

From your experience, what are other industry norms?  E.g. automotive, pharmaceutical, FMCG etc.

Please can you advise us based on your experience in Quality?

If you can send me any references you know of too please,  that would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to make a traceability presentation for household manufactured items traded to end consumer? BRC Packaging or Consumer Product Straw Manufacturing Consumer Q&A and when to stop responding Post consumer products LDPE Would a consumer sensory testing lab be inspected by the local health department?
[Ad]

Very difficult to compare IMO.  Typical rates for retailer branded foods of reasonable value I've seen in the UK have been 20 CPMU; however, retailer brands tend to have more complaints, different retailers tend to have more complaints and your complaint levels can depend on local culture and the value (or perceived value) of the product.  If I just look outside the UK for example, our complaint levels are approx 0.  We are a country in the UK of passive aggressive whinge bags.  

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
How to make a traceability presentation for household manufactured items traded to end consumer? BRC Packaging or Consumer Product Straw Manufacturing Consumer Q&A and when to stop responding Post consumer products LDPE Would a consumer sensory testing lab be inspected by the local health department? How to maintain traceability with direct to consumer sales? FDA Contacted me after a Consumer Complaint What is Foreseeable Misuse by the Consumer? Post consumer products Consumer Complaint Reporting Software