What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Determination of product shelf life

Started by , Apr 12 2018 02:53 PM
2 Replies

Hi,

I'm working for a shelf life study for raw meat (pork)/Vacuum pack and NRTE  product (sausage, hotdog). I try to search for any article, scientific journal or any publication and I couldnt found about the microbial limits or even what procedure that I need when conducting a shelf life study. I hope you guys can share some of your expertice about this kind of study. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Uly

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Table for identification and assessment of risks and determination of control measures CCP Determination CCP determination of critical limits Methodology for Determination of Hazard Control Measures, CCPs and oPRPs. Meursing code calculations/Starch determination
[Ad]

Meat is a really difficult product for shelf life.........I have always sent to to a big lab that starts with an M.....in house shelf life takes a lot of work

Part of shelf life for meat with be organoleptic as well.....meat will often feel slimy and smell "off" and still pass micro

Product was tested at 1, 3 5, 7 10,11,12,13 or EOSL

perhaps this will help

http://www.meatupdat...UPDATE_06-2.pdf

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Its really hard to find any good data that I can used as a base line and your right sometimes when you smell or touch its slimy or having some smell but the result was ok. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Table for identification and assessment of risks and determination of control measures CCP Determination CCP determination of critical limits Methodology for Determination of Hazard Control Measures, CCPs and oPRPs. Meursing code calculations/Starch determination Methodology for oPRP and CCP determination CCP determination on Raw Material and OPRP determination on Process Determination of pH in chocolate issue Risk zone determination - BRC Food Reference method of moisture determination in ice cream mixes