Currently I am trying to implement BRC Food Issue 8 for pasteurized crab meat product which is a ready to eat product. The scope is "Processing of pasteurized crab meat packed in metal can". During the risk zone determination using the decision tree, I had a doubt. The simple process flow is as follow;
1. Receiving of cooked crab meat in sealed container under chilled condition (less than 4 degree Celsius)
2. Open the original container and graded the product. (Open product area)
3. Filling in metal can and seaming.
4. Pasteurization (85 degree Celsius for 152 min)
5. Immediate cooling down to 4 degree Celsius.
6. Finished good storage less than 4 degree Celsius.
The doubt is whether the open product area (second step) is categorized under high risk area or low risk area. Please help with your justifications.
Thank you in advance.