Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 02 December 2020 - 09:48 AM

Hi colleagues, I hope someone is able to help me with the correct determination of starch/glucose to put into the calculations for the Meursing codes. (expressed as 100% anhydrous starch content of the goods). I have the HPLC analysis of the products, but the figures given do not match up to the figures I need to use for the code determination. https://eurlex.europ...008:0017:EN:PDF

According to Commission Regulation 900/2008 (link above) article 2, 1 we need to have a Z value, which I don´t understand how to get. Is this just the total available carbohydrates? Or do we need to have a special analysis done for all our products? Can I determine this value somehow if I have a HPLC breakdown of the carbohydrates in our products? If someone who is able to understand how we calculate the correct value for the starch component of the Meursing code, I would be forever grateful :) This is driving me crazy... For information we are making bread and pastry products (croissants, Danish pastries, bread buns, loaves etc.). Thank you in anticipation that someone is able to shed more light on this for me. Best regards. Diane

jdpaul

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 256 posts
  • 221 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:05 PM

This talks about calculating the Z-value

https://eur-lex.euro...0150617&from=PL

The total glucose content means the value Z as calculated in point 7.2.1 of this Annex. It represents the content of starch and all its degradation products, glucose included

Regards,

Jon

Edited by jdpaul, 10 December 2020 - 05:10 PM.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brexit, Meursing, HPLC, Customs, duty, starch determation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users