What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it mandatory to put personal names in the organization chart?

Started by , Dec 01 2021 03:00 AM
6 Replies

Hi , is it mandatory to put personal name in organization chart? Currently we practices place position in the chart.   

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Personal Glove Use in RTE Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF
[Ad]

Depends on your country regulations and GFSI scheme you're with - however, I've never heard of such a requirement. Common sense is to indicate a position - which you already do.

1 Like

Yes Its a requirement. In organogram need to be mentioned Name of the HOD additionally need to develop user department organogram also - This comments received from External auditors.

I don't like putting names (it's one more thing you have to remember to change)   I just use position titles

We use job titles on the list of who does what tasks.

I don't use names in any of my paperwork like forms, sops, etc, but on the org chart I do.   We're a small place so it's not a big deal to make changes, which almost never happens anyway.   But if I had a bunch of people I probably wouldn't use names.

1 Thank

Same for me as mentioned above (though I haven't made one in quite awhile):  the org chart shows names and titles for management positions (supervisors get named as well, depending on the size of the company).  I also like to color the boxes in my org charts to denote when those positions have direct food safety responsibilities in the SOP's and other colors when they're members of the HACCP team, plus asterisks to denote SQF practitioners.  This single document has never been difficult for me to maintain, and provides auditors a direct view of who does what.

In the SOP's I never mention names to make sure I don't have to update entire quality manuals when someone comes on board or leaves.  It only names positions on whom is responsible for the various programs, usually stuff like "the quality manager or their designee" as an example for who might verify a start-up checklist.

Similar Discussion Topics
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Personal Glove Use in RTE Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Ideal Organizational Chart for a food manufacturing company? Personal Hygiene Audit Template BRCGS - Control of personal medicine Requirements for organization with multi-site certification in FSSC Is wearing a mask mandatory in the factory candy packaging?