What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Moving from IFS to FSSC22000

Started by , Mar 03 2022 09:34 AM
5 Replies

Dear all,

I'm searching for any gap assessment to identify which points need to be covered when a company decides to move from IFS to FSSC22000. I did not find anything on the FSSC website. 

Thanks for any advice,

Saria 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New BRC Ver 9 - Moving Stationary Equipment Certification audit timing when moving to a new factory? Moving to a different country in a food safety role Changing procedure when moving from low risk to high risk, high care Mold remediation and temporary moving processing areas
[Ad]

This is an older thread but I think that there is still some good guidance in it that you may find applicable.

Let me know.

Comparison of IFS and FSSC 22000 - IFSQN

Cheers!

1 Thank

This is an older thread but I think that there is still some good guidance in it that you may find applicable.

Let me know.

Comparison of IFS and FSSC 22000 - IFSQN

Cheers!

thank you Brendan.

I was looking more to find a sort of cross matrix to see which requirements of FSSC are present in IFS and which one not.

Dear all,

I'm searching for any gap assessment to identify which points need to be covered when a company decides to move from IFS to FSSC22000. I did not find anything on the FSSC website. 

Thanks for any advice,

Saria 

Hi Saria,

One major difference is that fssc22000 is based on iso-haccp whereas afaik IFS uses Codex haccp.

Additionally fssc22000 must utilize the iso22002-X series for PRPs.

Can see this similar short thread but it's not particularly helpful -

https://www.ifsqn.co...61/#entry161346

1 Thank

Hi Saria,

One major difference is that fssc22000 is based on iso-haccp whereas afaik IFS uses Codex haccp.

Additionally fssc22000 must utilize the iso22002-X series for PRPs.

Can see this similar short thread but it's not particularly helpful -

https://www.ifsqn.co...61/#entry161346

Thank you Charles, but indeed I'm searching for a more detailed comparison of the specific requirements. Basically, what is present in FSSC that is not in IFS? Or what is asked to be done different in the two standards?

Thank you Charles, but indeed I'm searching for a more detailed comparison of the specific requirements. Basically, what is present in FSSC that is not in IFS? Or what is asked to be done different in the two standards?

Hi Saria,

I'm not an expert on either of these Standards but I anticipate that a response to yr query will demand a considerable effort  because the Standards have somewhat different structural bases so interpretations may be involved.

Nonetheless there is a detailed downloadable excel checklist for fssc22000 here  -

https://www.ifsqn.co...st/#entry174708

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
New BRC Ver 9 - Moving Stationary Equipment Certification audit timing when moving to a new factory? Moving to a different country in a food safety role Changing procedure when moving from low risk to high risk, high care Mold remediation and temporary moving processing areas Seriously considering moving over to cannabis compliance Challenges moving from BRC to SQF Moving pest control in-house How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil? Rethinking our Recall Plan (moving to straight manual from manual/digital)