What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Vendor approval for plastic bottle producers

Started by , Aug 26 2022 06:05 PM
2 Replies

Hello all: new to the bottle plastic industry here, we make plastic bottles to pack liquids and pills for pharmaceutical and nutritional products, I'm trying to evaluate my vendors for the first time in this industry and I'm a little lost.

I have multiple questions, in the case of the plastic producers (colors, PET, etc.) do they have to be registered to FDA? some of them are telling me that they are not required but I need to validate that, does a letter of them stating that they abide to FDA requirements would be sufficient? 

Any ideas from the plastic experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor? Do I need to calibrate a metal detector if the vendor professional validated it? COCs as they Partain to Approved Vendor Supplier Documentation Foreign Material from Sugar Vendor Vendor Path Testing of incoming raw ingredients?
[Ad]
Plastic producers are not required to be registered to the FDA.
1 Like

SQFconsultant is correct.  Plastic manufacturers do not need to register with the FDA.  They should, however, be able to provide you with a letter detailing what specific FDA regulations they comply to.  I would ask your vendors for that.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor? Do I need to calibrate a metal detector if the vendor professional validated it? COCs as they Partain to Approved Vendor Supplier Documentation Foreign Material from Sugar Vendor Vendor Path Testing of incoming raw ingredients? Vendor Approval with Risk assessment template Restaurant Brands International Vendor Audit Template for vendor specifications How to reject a vendor Vendor Vs Contract Service Provider