• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 April 2023 - 06:50 PM

Hello all, 

I am currently reviewing my approved supplier and vendor list ensuring that all specs, audits and certifications are up to date for each of our material suppliers. 

For our packaging suppliers we have certificates of conformity amongst other required regulatory information.

My ask is: How often are you asking for updated letters or certificates of conformity for previously approved packaging suppliers.

These documents don't seem to expire, so I imagine the update of such would be discretionary.

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 April 2023 - 07:19 PM

At my current company, we ask for letters of guarantee and all of our other documents from packaging suppliers every three years.  Having some timeframe specified seems to satisfy most auditors, goes to help prove you're monitoring the program as well.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 April 2023 - 07:25 PM

We ask annually---if the vendor offers an LOG instead stating nothing has changed, that is sufficient and noted in the registry

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 693 posts
  • 229 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 May 2023 - 10:17 AM

We are a paperboard packaging manufacturer. Two of our major customers, nationally known and one of the largest retailers and chain restaurant, ask for our SQF certification annually along with compliance documents (Spec's, FDA compliance statement or LOG, PFAS, etc.) every three years.

Thanked by 1 Member:

NutANDFruitFoodSafety

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 May 2023 - 03:55 PM

Good Morning - Just chiming in for what we do. We ask for LOG and Audit Certificate each year. We ask for updated spec sheets whenever there is a change. 

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ASL/, COC, Certificate of Compliance, Certificate of Conformity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users