What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Keeping supplier documentation up to date

Started by , Sep 23 2022 04:46 PM
5 Replies

We are wondering how many of you work to keep all the different supplier documents up to date all the time? We are constantly chasing documentation for their audits etc. Just curious what is easiest

Thank you for your time

Stacy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Effective record keeping for HACCP Record keeping for Control Point - not a CCP What is enough for record keeping for the first BRC-GS audit? Keeping records of minor mistakes
[Ad]

Even though it's a pain, you still have to get all needed documents from your suppliers as it's their responsibility to supply you with all documentation pertaining to the products they supply you with. That's a regulatory requirement. I don't think there's an easy way to get it - except for threats, maybe:)

I update my file ONCE PER YEAR, so yes, some of the documents may be out of date/expired mid year.  I start late December as our audit window is march-april so that gives me enough time to complete

Yes, I have to chase a couple of vendors, but that is calculated as part of the risk. I put a note on my spreadsheet with each date (after the first time) i emailed again asking for info

I do absolutely the same as Scampi, also I keep notes of whom I expect information from and when my inquiry was sent.

I'd bet the majority of us are stuck doing this in Excel files, and it's never a fun task.  I like to use the conditional formatting in a column with the vendor's certificate expiration date to show me when vendors are close to expiring and actually expired.  Opening the spreadsheet once a month and scanning it for highlighted certificate dates makes the job a bit less tedious, which is good since getting vendors to send their information is like pulling teeth sometimes...

1 Like1 Thank

It's simplified via Mutually Agreed/Documented Specifications. Unless perhaps the Raw Material is from a Boat !

Similar Discussion Topics
Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Effective record keeping for HACCP Record keeping for Control Point - not a CCP What is enough for record keeping for the first BRC-GS audit? Keeping records of minor mistakes Keeping Track of Dates involved in managing the Food Safety Management Program Reopening and keeping processing plants open Solutions for keeping rolls off the floor Paperwork & record keeping for acidified foods Keeping paper or electronic records