What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What K type thermocouple has worked best for you?

Started by , Dec 01 2022 05:09 PM
1 Reply

Hi! I am currently trying to create a QA program, which will include the kill step verification. My question is what K type thermocouple has worked best for you? 

We cook in big kettles and heat to about 230 degrees Fahrenheit. I was also hoping to possibly use it for freezer temp validation, but that is not 100% necessary.  

I looked on AIB's website as well, and they mentioned a data logger with a 6-point wire probe, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with this or any knowledge to share. I am new to this, so feel free to dumb it down a little!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming How do you determine parameters and what type of testing needs to be completed by a lab for your finished product? Additional Product (same recipe with original product but packed in different packaging type) Are fiberglass type panels allowed to be used as an insulation material in a cold room? What is the best type of auditing scope for a distribution center?
[Ad]

Hi AFiock, welcome to the forum. I've always had success with the Thermoworks brand, their K-types are available here: https://www.thermowo...k-thermocouple/

If you reach out to their tech sales team with your situation I'm sure they'd be able to provide some great recommendations. Personally, I would start by reviewing the specs of the probe to make sure it's rated for the temperature ranges your thermal process is validated for and is compatible with any dataloggers you'd like to use. Finally, make sure the probe can physically reach the product you'd like to measure.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming How do you determine parameters and what type of testing needs to be completed by a lab for your finished product? Additional Product (same recipe with original product but packed in different packaging type) Are fiberglass type panels allowed to be used as an insulation material in a cold room? What is the best type of auditing scope for a distribution center? Validation of Filter (Bag-Type and/or Cartridge) Has anyone worked at Purdue farms? Do you perform a root cause analysis for any type of deviations and identify preventive actions? Certificates of Analysis for retail type ingredients Type of Gloves for handling Frozen Products